They have sample code and videos on the website. The points that I have gathered so far include…
- Android applications are meant to be coded in java. They used eclipse in the sample video. I can learn java; this should be fun.
- There is support for Opengl ES; this means if the hardware supports it you can get interfaces that are as good looking as anything on my iphone. (clutter??)
- There is a high level java layer method to interface with the dialer. The sample app video shows one example.
- There is a ton of available documentation already, and of coarse a google group.
- Google is holding a contest for the best application. I for one am going to enter.